There are simple changes you can make to your lifestyle and home that will help you give back to the planet. Maybe you’ve been thinking about making an effort to be greener. So how about starting now? Since Spring is right around the corner, it’s a great time to reevaluate your home and routines. Implement some of these tips to leave a smaller carbon footprint.
- Start composting:When you compost, you cut down on waste and what you have left over you can use to fertilize your garden. Simply deposit food scraps into a bin and empty it once a week.
- Ditch paper towels for cloth: Instead of buying more paper products, switch out paper towels for cloth rags. You can make your own rags out of old t-shirts.
- Recycle: This one is a no-brainer, but it’s so important. Recycling is good for the earth because it reuses resources so that we don’t have to produce more.
- Use homemade cleaning products: It’s easy to make your own cleaning products out of vinegar, lemon and some water. It’s better to use natural products than ones filled with chemicals.
- Use sustainable beauty products: There are tons of new eco-friendly beauty brands. Using products that don’t include harsh chemicals isn’t just good for your skin, it’s good for the earth!
- Use less water: Preserving water is important to our earth’s sustainability. You can do your part by keeping your faucet low when you wash your face or by using a low-pressure showerhead.
- Purchase rechargeable batteries: Instead of tossing batteries when they’re out of juice, invest in some rechargeable batteries for your devices.
- Switch your light bulbs to LED: Incandescent light bulbs are outdated. LEDs use less wattage, making them better for the environment because they last so much longer.
- Unplug electronics: You will save tons of energy if you unplug electronics when they’re not in use. Big TVs take up lots of energy and make your utility bill more expensive. Turning off items such as TVs and computers is good for your wallet and the environment.
- Reusable mug: If going to your local coffee shop each morning is part of your routine, make bringing your reusable mug part of the routine, too. Swapping out countless paper cups for a reusable one is a great way to go green.
- Canvas shopping bags: Those plastic bags they give you at the grocery store are very wasteful. They end up in landfills and in the ocean and lakes. Bring your own canvas reusable bags to the grocery store and skip the plastic. **Need a Canvas Shopping bag? Let us know, we have some Lisa DiNoto Group ones that you would love!**
- Recycle your car: You can donate your car to countless charities or recycle it at your local automotive recycling center. You could even receive a tax deduction for recycling your old vehicle.
- Buy a houseplant: Certain houseplants, like spider plants, help purify the air of harmful toxins. Put one in your bathroom, hallway — anywhere!
What are your favorite ways to reduce waste and help the planet? We’d love to hear from you!
For more tips and advice about home renovation and construction projects, feel free to give us a call today.
Thinking of buying or selling soon? Let’s talk!
Call or text me anytime! 909-921-2544
Leave A Comment